Taiwan Employment Gold Card holder, Infrastructure, Site Reliability & Security Engineer based in Dubai 🇦🇪
Email . Website . LinkedIn . GitHub . Telegram . Mastodon
👩🏼💻 Engineering Experience
Manager - IT Infrastructure @ Cult.Sport (Feb 2023 - Aug 2023)
Sports e‐tailer for smart fitness products, sportswear, at‐home workout equipment, and bicycles
- Successfully stabilized, architected, and expanded the IT infrastructure of cult.sport, a prominent brand under the umbrella of cure.fit with help of Proxmox, Docker, Portainer and Ubuntu.
- Developed code across multiple architecture layers, including the application core and seamless integrations with external services, through Scripts, YAML, Prometheus, Grafana, Node-Exporter, Telegram APIs and Uptime Kuma.
- Spearheaded the implementation of a cutting-edge SIEM (Security information and event management) solution to enhance the security posture of cure.fit with Wazuh, ELK.
- Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bind9, Wazuh, Jenkins, SAML, Nessus, Puppet, Proxmox, Palo Alto, Cisco.
Technology Manager - Reliability @ Lazada (Jan 2020 - Feb 2023)
South East Asia’s e‐tailer incubated by Rocket Internet and acquired by Alibaba Group
- Established strong relationships with C-Level executives, effectively pitching ideas and driving changes to redesign the IT infrastructure in Redmart fulfillment. Ensured uninterrupted deliveries even during technical outages.
- Collaborated closely with the Alibaba Product team, influencing product strategy and roadmap, and providing valuable feedback to enhance the UX (user experience) of custom internal tools (Gitlab, Lark, Aone)
- Demonstrated exceptional problem-solving skills by breaking down complex business issues, prioritizing tasks, and developing effective solutions for technical challenges and initiatives though Kanban boards.
- Successfully maintained compliance for over 12,000 Lazada endpoints, including BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), by implementing DLP (Data Loss Protection), EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) measures with DevSecOps principles and framework, CVE and ATT&CK from MITRE knowledge base.
- Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Git, Bind9, SAML, Nessus, Puppet, SQL.
Technical Project Manager - Product and Infrastructure @ Alibaba Cloud (Mar 2018 - Jan 2020)
Alicloud provides reliable and secure cloud computing and data processing capabilities as a part of its online solutions.
- Led the construction of Alicloud’s Data Hall, overseeing the installation of a state-of-the-art facility with more than 6MW power capacity and over 25,000 server slots in Singapore and India.
- Successfully executed USD7M budgeted projects involving cabling in 10G and 100G, cabinet expansion, and network deliveries within tight work schedules, even during multiple change freezes. Eventually, helped expanding Alicloud’s Availability Zones (AZs) in APAC.
- Implemented efficient rack design proposals during the design stage, resulting in a significant increase in network deployment speed from 100 to 200 switches per day, without requiring additional resources.
- Proficiently utilized project management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Gantt charts, along with tools like Jira, Confluence and Gitlab, to ensure smooth coordination and collaboration throughout the projects.
- Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Racktables, Device42, Git, AWS, Route53, IAM, RDS, EC2, Puppet.
Lead Network Engineer - Site Reliability @ Versé (Jun 2016 - Mar 2018)
Regional news aggregator in India through a mobile app called dailyhunt
- Successfully improved the bandwidth threshold of network traffic by implementing Grafana and Cacti, resulting in a remarkable 99% accuracy for horizontal scaling.
- Significantly reduced traffic offloading from 80% to 40% through collaboration with Content Delivery Partners like Akamai and Cloudflare. Implemented clean code principles to optimize performance and achieve this notable reduction.
- Streamlined network changes by integrating Git version control, enabling faster implementation of network modifications. This enhancement increased efficiency for planned maintenance in the cloud from 65% to an impressive 95%.
- Led an agile team of 4 Reliability Engineers, fostering a collaborative environment and identifying their individual career growth areas. Guided the team to excel in CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) principles, empowering them to deliver high-quality results.
- Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Git, Akamai, Cloudflare, Citrix, Brocade, Openstack, VMware, Ceph.
Lead Network Engineer @ Myntra (Apr 2014 - Jul 2016)
Fashion e‐tailer of India, acquired by Flipkart and Walmart
- Built and led a high-performing team of 8 System/Network Engineers, strategically developing in-house capabilities to effectively manage and monitor thousands of Myntra nodes. Result: Streamlined operations and improved overall efficiency.
- Successfully coached and optimized the inventory of network equipment, effectively minimizing product surplus and enhancing resource allocation. As a result, achieved an impressive up-time rate of 99.99%, ensuring uninterrupted service delivery.
- Architected a robust platform infrastructure that prioritized reliability, performance, and security. By implementing cutting‐edge design principles, strengthened the foundation of the system, enabling seamless operations, enhanced user experience, and fortified data protection.
- Enhanced quality control within Network Engineering team by 2% every month preventive maintenance by Network and Security audits.
- Designed operational practices to ensure reliability and respond effectively to production incidents.
- Worked together with technical management to define the roadmap and resourcing plans for core platform.
- Technologies used: Jira, Confluence, Git, Slack, Ruckus, Fortinet, Extreme Networks, VMWare, Shell.
🚀 Other Positions Held
Senior Executive - IT Infrastructure @ Café Coffee Day (Jan 2012 - Apr 2014)
Junior Network Engineer @ iTech India (Oct 2010 - Jan 2012)
B.Tech in Information Technology, First Class
Anna University - Chennai, India (2007 - 2010)
Couse Work: Analysis of Password Login Phishing-Based Protocols for Security Improvements or 2FA Auth with JSP and MSSQL. This project was based on IEEE 2009 and published in the International Conference on Emerging Technologies. Link to the paper
Diploma in Information Technology, First Class (Honors)
State Board of Technical Education - Chennai, India (2004 - 2007)
Course Work: ‘Information about my Institution’ - Basic HTML and MSSQL website with student registration online
(Schneider) Data Center University Associate Development Path
(Cybrary) Nessus Fundamentals
(Cybrary) Manage a Network Infrastructure
(Rackspace) CloudU Rackspace Certified
VMware Certified Associate - Cloud, Data Center Virtualization and Workforce Mobility
Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Technology Specialist, Solution Associate